What is Oxandrolone ?
Oxandrolone is the androgen and anabolic steroid used to regain weight that is lost due to certain medical conditions like surgery, chronic infection, trauma, or long-term use of corticosteroid medication such as hydrocortisone / prednisone. This drug’s primary objective is to help promote ‘Weight Gain .’Usually, occurring in individuals due to factors such as surgery, chronic infections, injury, trauma, etc. Oxandrolone is also used to manage Osteoporosis symptoms (bone-weakening disorder).
Oxandrolone exerts its effects to stimulate the ‘Weight Gain’ process by acting as an Agonist of the ‘Androgen Receptor (AR).’ It essentially works similarly to other AAS drugs, such as ‘Dihydrotestosterone DHT‘ and ‘Testosterone.’ The chief ingredient (Oxandrolone), this medicine includes a few inactive components. These include lactose, cornstarch, hydroxyethylcellulose, and magnesium stearate.
It was in 1964 that Oxandrolone was given official clinical approval for medical usage by the United States of America Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The discovery of this drug was first made in 1962. Although, these days, this drug is used mainly in the USA. Oxandrolone is also a controlled medicine in many countries worldwide, commonly used nowadays medically to improve physique and performance.
How does Oxandrolone Tablet Work ?
Oxandrolone is a powerful androgen & anabolic steroids used to recover weight lost after surgery, chronic infection & trauma & to promote muscl growth. Like other AAS medicines, Oxandrolone exerts its effect by activating the Androgen Receptor or AR within the cytoplasm of muscle cells. Triggering a formation of the ‘Androgen-receptor-oxandrolone complex,’ which translocates to the nucleus. Meanwhile, it binds to the genes to cause transcription of several other genes required for body growth and metabolism. In doing so, it then stimulates ‘Protein Synthesis’ in the body, thereby triggering lean body mass, bone mineral density, and muscle growth.
Oxandrolone exerts its effects to stimulate the ‘Weight Gain’ process by acting as an ‘Agonist’ of the ‘Androgen Receptor (AR).’ It essentially works similarly to other AAS drugs, such as ‘Dihydrotestosterone DHT’ and ‘Testosterone.’ This medicine includes a few inactive components. These include lactose, cornstarch, hydroxyethylcellulose, and magnesium stearate.
What are Uses of Oxandrolone Tablets ?
You use Oxandrolone medically mainly for the following two reasons:
- Oxandrolone is a FDA approved oral treatment prescribed to regain weight & muscles that has lost due to surgery, injury, trauma, chronic infection, or any other known or unknown reasons.
- This medicine you can use to relieve pain radiating due to ‘Osteoporosis’ or bone loss.
- You can use it in managing symptoms of Turner Syndrome (a genetic condition in females possessing partial or completely missing X chromosomes).
- Non-medically, you can effectively use this drug as an integral part of the process of ‘Muscle Building‘.
- Oxandrolone is a highly effective androgenic & anabolic steroid used to develope lean body mass, strength, RBC (red blood cells) production to promote energy.
How to Take Oxandrolone Tablet ?
Oxandrolone tablet helps people to regain weight lost due to some medical reasons like surgery, chronic infection, trauma or long-term use of corticosteroid medication such as hydrocortisone or prednisone. If you are looking to effectively use Oxandrolone for medical or non-medical reasons without experiencing side effects, then you need to understand the right way to take it. Presenting to you below are tips on how to take Oxandrolone precisely.
- You must take Oxandrolone orally by mouth at least two to four times a day.
- To ensure that you do not miss a dose of this medicine and therefore derive maximum benefits from it, you must take it simultaneously each day.
- Try and use Oxandrolone only on a short and not long-term basis.
- Please consume this medication as prescribed by your physician or pharmacist. Since on doing so, you will be able to avoid misusing or abusing the drug that can cause serious medical conditions like stroke or heart attack.
- You must complete your dose to get the best results from consuming this medicine.
- There is a possibility that females taking this medication may acquire extra facial hair or their voice may deepen.
- Follow the instructions on the prescription label carefully to use the drug appropriately without experiencing undesirable effects.
When not to Take Oxandrolone Tablet ?
Do you intend to take Oxandrolone effectively and use it best for building muscles or regaining lost weight? If, ‘Yes,’ you must know when to avoid consuming it. Therefore, here are a few pointers highlighting situations when you must not take this steroid.
- If you are allergic to medications, then you need to avoid taking these medications.
- If you suffer from medical conditions such as high levels of calcium in your blood, prostate cancer, breast cancer, etc., then you should avoid taking Oxandrolone.
- Women who are pregnant must not take this medicine. Since taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause harm to an unborn baby.
- If you have a history of heart attack or stroke, taking this medication is not recommended, as consuming this medicine can lead to worsening these medical conditions.
- Elderly individuals must avoid this medication as they are at greater risk of prostate or liver problems.
What are The Dosage Guidelines of Oxandrolone Tablets ?
The dosing plan of Oxandrolone that your doctor will prescribe medically for ‘Weight Gain’ will depend on the age of the individual taking it. It is as follows:
Usual Paediatric Dosage:
For children below eighteen, the initial minimum dosage is less than or equal to 0.1 mg per kg bodyweight.
Usual Adult Dosage:
In the case of adults who belong to the 18 to 65 age group, the initial minimum dosage is 2.5 mg to 20 mg, which you need to take orally. Although, it is advisable to take medicine in two to four doses.
Usual Geriatric Dosage:
The minimum initial dose for elderly patients above 65 years is 5 mg, which you take orally twice daily.
Now, if you want to take Oxandrolone non-medically to build up ‘Muscles,’ there is a specific dosing plan that you need to follow. It is as given below:
To begin with, you need to understand that the Oxandrolone dose for ‘Bodybuilding‘ will vary depending on factors such as body weight and user experience. Here is then presenting the dose plan:
Usual Muscle Building dosage for Men:
The minimum initial dosage for a man is anywhere between 30 mg to 80 mg a day.
Usual Muscle Building dosage for Women:
For women, the minimum initial dose lies between 5 mg to 15 mg per day.
Now, while following the dosage schedule for Oxandrolone, either for ‘Weight Gain’ purpose or ‘Muscle Building,’ there is a possibility that you may either miss a dose or overdose on it. In such cases, you do the following.
If you miss or skip an Oxandrolone dose, then it is necessary to take it as soon as you remember. However, if the time to take a fresh dose is fast approaching, you must avoid taking this skipped dosage.
As soon as you overdose on Oxandrolone, you will likely experience a mix of undesirable side effects, which may prove fatal if not treated on time. Therefore, in such a scenario, you need to call your doctor immediately and stop taking this medicine.
What are The Side Effects of Oxandrolone Tablets?
When you take a dose of Oxandrolone, there are times when you may experience a few undesirable side effects. They are as follows:
- Feeling of excitement
- Swelling of the breast
- Lack of sleep or insomnia
- Increase or decrease in engaging in sex
- Formation of acne on the skin
- Enlargement of clitoris
- Menstrual cycle change
- Deepening or hoarsening of voice
- Male pattern hair growth
If on taking Oxandrolone, you happen to experience any of the serious side-effects given below, then you need to stop taking the medicine and call a doctor.
- Impotence or ejaculation problems
- Painful urination or difficulty in urination
- Increase in levels of calcium in the blood
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual growth of the penis
- Serious hepatic impairment symptoms such as upper stomach pain or jaundice, i.e., yellowing of skin or eyes
Alternatives for Oxandrolone:
In case you cannot take Oxandrolone simply because you have medical issues such as drug allergy, then you can take in its place the medicines given below containing Oxandrolone. They are:
Click to find all the steroids medication alternatives
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Can Oxandrolone act like a growth hormone?
Typically, Oxandrolone is an ‘Anabolic’ steroid and derivative of testosterone that improves growth within your body by exerting its effects directly on the growth plate. It then triggers the IGF-1 concentrations.
Q. Why is Oxandrolone a useful medicine for athletes?
It is mainly because this drug exhibits properties that help build muscles. These days many bodybuilders and athletes have started using Oxandrolone. It is good for women looking to ‘Muscle Up’ because it is more ‘Anabolic’ and ‘Androgenic’ in its functioning. It is a very useful AAS (Anabolic Androgenic Steroid) medicine that you can use because of its low hepatotoxicity.
Q. Is it true that the consumption of Oxandrolone can cause serious liver problems?
On rare occasions taking Oxandrolone can cause serious hepatic impairment. These can include liver cysts, liver tumors, and also a possible complete failure of the liver or liver damage. Therefore, you must observe the side effects of taking this medication, like dark urine, yellowing skin or eyes, fatigue, etc.
Q. How do you store Oxandrolone correctly?
In case you want to make effective use of Oxandrolone for either ‘Weight Gain’ or ‘Muscle Building’ purposes, then you need to store it well using the following storage guidelines given below:
- Do not flush unused dosage of Oxandrolone down your toilet drain. Always discard medicine using instructions given by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Please store the medicine away from light and heat in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Try and ensure that you keep this medication out of the reach of children and pets.
There are no reviews yet.