Modalert 200mg Tablet is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness (narcolepsy – unwanted daytime sleep). It improves wakefulness and helps you to stay awake and reduces the tendency to fall asleep during the day, thus restoring the normal sleep cycle.
Modalert 200mg: Uses, Side-Effects, Actions, Dosage, Storage, Precautions
What is Modalert 200mg Tablet?
Modalert 200mg consists of Modafinil as its main active component. The drug acts as a wakefulness-promoting agent. It reduces excessive sleepiness and sluggishness caused by sleeping disorders like narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea. Modalert 200mg has also gained quite a reputation for its off-label usages, such as acting as a smart drug or a smart drug. It is also prescribed to patients for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The drug essentially is used for the disorders that mainly feature fatigue or sedation.
How Does Modalert 200mg Treat Sleeping Disorders?
Modalert 200mg comes under the class of ‘eugeroics’, which are stimulants that provide long-lasting mental arousal. The precise working mechanism of this drug is unknown to the researchers. However, the experts predict that Modafinil works by increasing the levels of dopamine in the brain. They perform this action by reducing the reuptake of dopamine into nerves. This agent does not bind to several receptors and enzymes involved in sleep or wake regulation. It is not a direct dopamine receptor agonist. It targets the sleep response system of the brain and not the central nervous system.
How and When to Take Modalert 200mg Tablet?
Modalert 200mg should be administered an hour orally before starting your shift or in the morning. Modalert should not be crushed, chewed, or snorted by the nose. This medication should be taken as per the directions that you receive from your concerned physician. The usual dosage of Modalert could vary from 100mg to 200mg. It takes some time to take effect and, therefore, should be taken well in advance. The medication takes effect after an hour of consumption. The effects of the drug are mild that can last for 8 to 10 hours.
Why Should You Buy Modalert 200mg from Unitedmedicines?
Unitedmedicines is the most trusted and reliable online pharmacy store you can count on during this pandemic. We provide the best and lowest prices on all the medications available in our inventory. We ensure to meet each of your generic and brand medication needs right here at unitedmedicines.com. Unitedmedicines deliver medicines across the USA overnight.
You can buy Modalert 200mg tablets from unitedmedicines.com online without prescriptions to treat unwanted sleep with the best results & with the no side effect. We at www.unitedmedicines.com provide the best quality generic medications at a flat discount of $25, free-shipping, fast and free delivery, cash on delivery (COD), overnight over the counter delivery, 24/7 customer support service, FDA-approved, safe & 100% certified product, credit card & other common payment options like UPI, debit card, smart card, visa & so on with the best deals in Pennsylvania, Texas, Ohio, New York, Illinois, Virginia, Florida, Louisiana & California of USA and in the UK at Unitedmedicines.com. Also, you can order Modalert 200mg in your location by searching on google / bing as ‘buy Modalert 200mg tablets near me‘.
What Medications to Avoid When Taking Modalert 200mg?
Modalert 200mg can cause interactions with other drugs that you are taking along with it. You need to tell your doctor about your medical history and medications to treat other conditions. Modalert 200mg interacts with certain anticoagulants (‘blood thinners’), antidepressants, antifungals medications for seizures, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. Some of the drugs that interact with Modalert 200 mg are mentioned below:
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
- Clomipramine (Anafranil)
- Desipramine (Norpramin)
- Doxepin (Sinequan)
- Traconazole (Sporanox)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
- Phenelzine (Nardil)
- Selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar)
- Citalopram (Celexa)
- Escitalopram (Lexapro)
This is not the complete list of medications that interact with Modalert 200mg. Consult your doctor for more information.
What are The Side-Effects Of Modalert 200mg?
Common side effects of Modalert 200mg tablets include:
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
Some Serious and Rare Symptoms Of Modalert 200mg:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- chest pain
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Frenzied, abnormally excited mood
- Hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- Women using hormonal birth control methods may have a higher possibility of getting pregnant while taking this drug and one month after stopping the treatment.
- Seek your doctors’ help about alternate birth control options if you use a hormonal birth control method such as birth control pills, implants, patches, vaginal rings, shots and intrauterine devices (IUDs).
- Refrain from driving and other indulging in dangerous activities, which requires alertness until you know how this drug affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Modalert 200mg drug.
- This drug may cope with sleepiness, but it is not a replacement for getting enough sound sleep.
- This drug does not cure the sleep disorder entirely; it helps reduce it.
Q. How does Modalert affect your body?
- Modalert 200mg incites the brain to make you more alert. It helps to raise the rate of breathing.
Q. Can I take Modalert with other medicines?
- Sometimes taking Modalert with other drugs is not considered safe because when you take it with certain other medicines, it may cause harmful side effects. – Be sure to talk to your doctor before taking any drug.
Q. Are there any food restrictions?
- You can consume Modafinil 200 mg based drug with or without food. However, avoid drinking liquor or grapefruit juice as it may increase the actions or side effects.
Q. How do I store Modalert?
- Store in a dry, cool place away from children’s reach- Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.
Q. Can Modalert be taken in pregnancy?
- Modalert comes under the drug category C. According to animal reproduction studies, an adverse effect on the fetus was seen after taking this drug. There are no accurate studies in humans, but potential benefits may authorize the drug’s use in pregnant women, despite potential risks. However, this can only be done with a doctor’s recommendation.
Q. What is the therapeutic Classification of Modafinil?
- Modafinil is a stimulant drug marketed as wakefulness increasing agents for ADHD and other CNS drugs.