What is Iverheal 12 ?
Iverheal 12 is an anthelmintics contains Ivermectin as an active ingredient used in the treatment of certin types of parasitic infections. It is a generic version of Ivermectin-12. Iverheal 12 (Ivermectin-12) is a FDA approved antiparasitic medication used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections of the skin, eyes & intestinal tract including onchocerciasis (river blindness), strongyloidiasis, scabies, heartworm, acariasis and other parasitic infections.
Iverheal-12 essentially works by interfering with the nerve or muscle function of the ‘Helminths’ (parasitic worms). Thereby completely paralyzing the parasites and eradicating them. There are also use several other mechanisms of action that Iverheal 12 mg can use to manage parasitic symptoms. In terms of mode of administration, this medicine is to be taken either orally or topically on the skin.
Ivermectin was first discovered in 1975 and was initially used as a veterinary medicine to prevent infections such as acariasis and heartworm. Moreover, it was only in 1987 that drugs like Iverheal 12 mg containing Ivermectin officially for the first time received approval for medical use. In 2018, it also became the 420th most prescribed medication in the United States of America. During the COVID-19 pandemic, many believed that Iverheal 12mg could be used to manage the coronavirus symptoms. However, as of today, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that this medicine can help manage COVID-19.
Why do You Use Iverheal 12 mg in Treating ‘Parasitic’ Infections?
Iverheal 12 mg is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections of the skin, eyes & intestinal tract including onchocerciasis (river blindness), strongyloidiasis, scabies, heartworm, acariasis and other parasitic infections. It works by directly binding to the ‘Glutamate Gated Chloride Channels’ in the ‘Helminths’. As a result, it triggers the pushing of the channels open to bring in a flow of chloride ions. Iverheal 12 helps to exert its actions directly on the muscle and the nerve activity of the parasite. It eventually triggers the ‘Hyperpolarization’ of cell membranes within the parasites to paralyze and kill the parasites causing the infection.
Iverheal 12mg is also being effective in managing symptoms of COVID-19 infection. It apparently can suppress coronavirus’s symptoms by blocking host importin alpha/beta-1 nuclear transport proteins, an essential intracellular process in the body, which the COVID-19 virus usually attacks.
What are The Medical Uses of Iverheal 12 mg:
You can use Iverheal 12 mg to manage ‘Parasitic’ infections. They are as follows:
- Onchocerciasis or River Blindness
- Intestinal strongyloidiasis
- Human scabies
- Parasitic infection triggered by Wuchereria bancrofti
How do You Take Iverheal 12 mg?
If you want to take Iverheal 12 mg and effectively manage symptoms of ‘Helminthic’ infections without experiencing undesirable side effects, then you need to learn the correct way to consume it. Hence here is presenting to a few tips on how to take Iverheal 12mg:
- Always ensure that you swallow Iverheal 12mg using a glassful of water. Try not to break, crush, or chew the medicine.
- If you give this medication to a child under six, you must overcome the pill before swallowing it.
- You can take Iverheal 12mg without having food.
- Take the dosage of this medicine as exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Typically, you use Iverheal 12mg as a single dose.
- Avoid taking this medicine in more significant amounts or more than your physician’s.
- Always read and follow the directions given on the prescription label of Iverheal 12mg.
You can buy Iverheal 12 from Unitedmedicines.com at low price in USA, UK & Australia with discount, free delivery, credit card payment, Whatsapp / Visa / Google Pay / Phonepe etc.
When Not to Use Iverheal 12 mg?
If you want to use Iverheal 12 mg in managing symptoms of ‘Parasitic’ infections, it is necessary to understand when to avoid taking it. Therefore, here are a few pointers explaining when you do not use Iverheal 12mg.
- If despite following a dosage schedule of Iverheal 12mg, you do not get respite from symptoms of infections caused by parasites, then you need to visit your doctor.
- Since dizziness/drowsiness is one of the many side effects of this medicine then, you need to ensure that you avoid engaging in activities such as handling machinery or driving.
- Please avoid consuming an Iverheal 12 mg dosage if you have drug allergy problems.
- As the effects of medicine on children, especially those under six years of age, are unknown, you shouldn’t use Iverheal 12mg in a child.
- You must also ensure that you use this medicine in adults above sixty-five with caution or preferably avoid using it.
- Do not take a meal either two hours before or after having Iverheal 12mg.
- Avoid taking caffeine with this medication if you want. It effectively helps in managing your parasitic infection symptoms.
What are The Dosage Guidelines of Iverheal 12 mg:
The dosing timetable you will need to follow while taking Iverheal 12 mg will depend on the type of ‘Parasitic Infections’. It is as follows:
Usual adult dose for onchocerciasis:
If you suffer from onchocerciasis, the initial minimum dosage is 0.15 mg/kg, which you take orally once every twelve months.
Usual adult dose for Strongyloidiasis:
If you need to take Iverheal 12 mg for Strongyloidiasis, then the initial minimum dosage is 0.2 mg/kg orally once a day. However, if you are an immunocompromised patient, you need to take repeated medicinal and suppressive therapy. Although no definite scientific evidence is available, treatment using Iverheal 12mg may be effective on such individuals.
Meanwhile, when you follow the dosage plan of Iverheal 12mg, there is a possibility that you may either miss a dose or overdose on it. In both these situations, then, all you need to do is to take the following actions.
Since Iverheal 12 mg is usually administered as a single dose, it is unlikely that you will miss it. However, if you ignore it, you need to take it as soon as you remember if the time to take a fresh dose of Iverheal 12mg has not arrived at your doorstep.
Like every other synthetic drug, when you overdose on Iverheal 12mg, you may experience a wide range of side effects, some proving fatal. Therefore, it is necessary for such a situation that you stop taking this medication and call your doctor to seek medical assistance.
What are The Side-Effects of Taking Iverheal 12 mg Tablets?
When you consume a dose of Iverheal 12 mg, there is a possibility that due to other drug or food interactions, you may experience mild-to-severe side effects. They are as follows:
- Muscle aches
If you observe any severe side effects of Iverheal 12mg mentioned below, you need to stop taking it and call your physician.
- Irregular heart rate
- Severe back or neck pain
- Eye pain
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Lightheaded feeling
- Severe skin rash
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What alternative medicines can you use in place of Iverheal 12 mg?
Unfortunately, if you happen not to be able to consume Iverheal 12 mg because of ‘Drug Allergy’ issues, then you can take any of the medications mentioned below consisting of Ivermectin. They are as follows:
Q. How do you store Iverheal 12 mg well to protect its efficacy?
In case you want to use Iverheal 12 mg in an effective way to treat ‘Parasitic’ symptoms without experiencing any side effects, then you need to store it well using the following storage guidelines:
- Ensure Iverheal 12mg is kept as far away from pets and children as possible.
- Store the medicine in an airtight container at room temperature, away from light and heat
- Never flush an unused dosage of Iverheal 12mg down the toilet drain. Always discard any medication only by following the instructions of either a pharmacist or a waste disposal expert.
Q. Is Iverheal 12 mg effective in managing COVID-19 symptoms?
During the coronavirus pandemic, there was information that Iverheal 12 mg can be effective in treating COVID-19 symptoms. However, no precise scientific data suggests that this medicine can.