What is Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream?
Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is a medication that belongs to a family of medicines known as ‘Topical Corticosteroids.’ It is a drug you use to treat certain skin conditions topically. Clobetasol 30 gm Propionate Cream is available in the market as a generic medication. However, you must use this topical medicine only for short-term use and if other corticosteroids prove ineffective.
Like other corticosteroids, Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream works by exerting an ‘Anti-inflammatory and Antipruritic’ effect. Although, the exact mechanism of this drug and others similar in action are unclear. Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is also a US Class I (Europe: class IV) corticosteroid, which means it is one of the strongest corticosteroids available.
It was in 1968 that Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream received its patent. However, it took ten full years for this medication to receive official approval for clinical use from the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration or FDA. In 2020, Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream became the 171st most commonly prescribed drug in the USA.
How does Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream Work?
Like other corticosteroids, Clobetasol 30 gm Propionate Cream typically stimulates the introduction of phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins. These Lipocortins control the biosynthesis of potent inflammation mediators like prostaglandins. It acts by blocking the release of arachidonic acid. It essentially works by blocking certain inflammatory chemicals to reduce redness, swelling, and itching. Besides, when you use this oinment it also suppresses the immune system to help in the treatment of autoimmune disorders. Finally, it helps in treating infection caused by bacteria by preventing bacterial growth by blocking the production of certain proteins that a bacteria requires for its normal functioning.
Medical or Clinical Use of Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream:
Typically, you use Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream to treat a few skin disorders like psoriasis. This drug, however, can also be non-clinically used for the following purpose:
As part of the skin whitening procedure, however, the use of Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream in this cosmetic process is highly controversial since FDA has not approved it as of yet for non-medical use.
How to Use Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream ?
Since Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is a very powerful ‘Corticosteroid,’ you need to know how to use it to avoid experiencing undesirable side effects. Some of which may prove to be fatal. Here is then presenting to you a few insights on how you apply Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream from the point of view of a ‘Pharmacist.’
- Please use Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream only on the skin, not on the groin, underarms, face, etc.
- You must use this medicine for the condition it is prescribed. Also, ensure you only use it for up to two consecutive weeks.
- Once you apply Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream, ensure that you wash your hands. It is unless you are using this medication to treat your hands.
- If, despite using Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream, your skin condition either lasts or worsens after two weeks.
When to Use Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream?
Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream is essentially a ‘Corticosteroid’ medication that any human being can use when:
- The individual suffering from corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses is twelve years of age or older.
- A person affected by serious plaque-type psoriasis is sixteen years and above.
You can buy Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream from Unitedmedicines.com online at low price in the USA, UK & Australia. We provide 100% safe & FDA approved medications at a flat discount of $25, free shipping, fast and free delivery, cash on delivery (COD), 24/7 service, credit card & other common payment options like UPI, debit card, credit card, bitcoin & other crypto coins, smart card, visa etc. in the United States of America (USA), United Kingdom (UK) & Australia (AU) at Unitedmedicines.com. Also, you can search on google / bing as ‘buy Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream near me from Unitedmedicines’ for quick home delivery service.
Dosage Schedule of Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream:
Since Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is a very potent corticosteroid, the dosage plan you must use for it must be limited. Therefore, it means that you must use at most 50 gm per week over two weeks.
Once you find that your skin’s medical condition, such as psoriasis, is under control, you must discontinue Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream immediately. Besides, you must avoid using this medicine available in cream form and occlusive dressings.
There is a chance that while following Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream dosage plan, you may overdose on it. Therefore, under such circumstances, you must take the following actions to avoid experiencing undesirable side effects.
On overdosing on this Propionate 30gm Cream, you will experience a few unwanted side effects. Hence, as soon as you observe any adverse side effects, you need to call your doctor to seek immediate medical assistance.
What are The Side Effects of Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream?
When you apply Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream to your skin, there is a possibility of you experiencing a mix of mild-to-severe side effects. They are as follows:
- Dryness of skin
- Redness of skin
Usually, these effects are mild and go away in a few days. However, if any of these persist, you need to call your doctor immediately to seek medical assistance.
Besides, if you get any of the few serious side effects below, you need to immediately stop applying Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream and call your physician.
- Skin discoloration or thinning
- Stretch marks
- Acne formation
- Unwanted hair growth
- Weight loss
- Increase in urination and thirst
- Serious vision problems
- Extreme tiredness or fatigue
Since Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is a very powerful ‘Corticosteroid’ that can cause serious side effects. It would help if you took a few safety measures. They are as follows:
- Inform your doctor if you have allergy issues before you use Clobetasol 30gm Propionate Cream
- Share with your physician if you have ever had immunity problems, blood circulation issues, skin conditions like rosacea, etc.
- Regular use of this Propionate Cream on a child can slow down growth. Therefore, you must avoid using it on children.
- If the areas on your skin that need treatment are infected or have a sore, then you must avoid using it.
- When a pregnant woman needs the application of this topical oinment is when using it. Discussion about all risks and benefits of this medicine must be done with a doctor.
- Breastfeeding mothers must be careful while using this Cream. Since its impact on breast milk is not clear as yet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What if you miss a dose of Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream?
If you miss a dose of Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream, you must take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time to take your next dose, you must avoid applying your skipped dosage.
Q. How do you store Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream?
To store Clobetasol 30 gm Propionate Cream well and preserve its efficacy, you need to use the following guidelines:
- Try storing it as far away as possible from pets and children.
- Keep this medication under room temperature in an airtight container away from light and heat.
- Do not discard unused dosage of this medication by flushing it down the toilet drain. Always remove the drug as per instructions given by a pharmacist or waste disposal company.