What is Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Cream?
Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Cream is a topical ointment used to treat inflammation, itching & redness due to skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema (atopic dermatitis), Contact dermatitis, lichen planus & Dermatitis (eczematous dermatitis). It works by suppressing the immune response and reducing the release of inflammatory substances in the body. Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream is a topical cream available as Topical Ointment, Gel, Solution, Lotion, tube etc. in the market as a generic medication. You must use this topical cream only for short-term use and if other corticosteroids prove ineffective.
Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Cream is a corticosteroids used to treat certain skin conditions like eczema, contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis. It works by exerting an ‘Anti-inflammatory and Antipruritic’ effect. Although, the exact mechanism of this drug and others similar in action are unclear. Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream is also a US Class I (Europe: class IV) corticosteroid, which means it is one of the strongest corticosteroids available.
It was in 1968 that Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream received its patent. However, it took ten full years for this medication to receive official approval for clinical use from the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration or FDA. In 2020, Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream became the 171st most commonly prescribed drug in the USA.
How does Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream Work?
Like other corticosteroids, Clobetasol 30 gm Propionate Cream typically stimulates the introduction of phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins. These Lipocortins control the biosynthesis of potent inflammation mediators like prostaglandins. It acts by blocking the release of arachidonic acid. It essentially works by blocking certain inflammatory chemicals to reduce redness, swelling, and itching. Besides, when you use Clobetasol 30 gm Propionate Cream it also suppresses the immune system to help in the treatment of autoimmune disorders. Finally, it helps in treating infection caused by bacteria by preventing bacterial growth by blocking the production of certain proteins that a bacteria requires for its normal functioning.
Medical or Clinical Use of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream:
Typically, you use Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream to treat a few skin disorders like psoriasis. This drug, however, can also be non-clinically used for the following purpose:
As part of the skin whitening procedure, however, the use of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream in this cosmetic process is highly controversial since FDA has not approved it as of yet for non-medical use.
How to Use Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream ?
Since Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream is a very powerful ‘Corticosteroid,’ you need to know how to use it to avoid experiencing undesirable side effects. Some of which may prove to be fatal. Here is then presenting to you a few insights on how you apply Clobetasol Propionate 30gm Cream from the point of view of a ‘Pharmacist.’
- Please use Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream only on the skin, not on the groin, underarms, face, etc.
- You must use this medicine for the condition it is prescribed. Also, ensure you only use it for up to two consecutive weeks.
- Once you apply this topical ointment, ensure that you wash your hands. It is unless you are using this medication to treat your hands.
- If, despite using Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream, your skin condition either lasts or worsens after two weeks.
When to Use Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream?
Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream is essentially a ‘Corticosteroid’ medication that any human being can use when:
- The individual suffering from corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses is twelve years of age or older.
- A person affected by serious plaque-type psoriasis is sixteen years and above.
You can buy Clobetasol 0.05% 30 gm Propionate topical ointment from Unitedmedicines.com online at low price in the USA, UK & Australia. We provide 100% safe & FDA approved medications at a flat discount of $25, free shipping, fast and free delivery, cash on delivery (COD), 24/7 service, credit card & other common payment options like UPI, debit card, credit card, bitcoin & other crypto coins, smart card, visa etc. in the United States of America (USA), United Kingdom (UK) & Australia (AU) at Unitedmedicines.com. Also, you can search on google / bing as ‘buy Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream near me from Unitedmedicines’ for quick home delivery service.
What are The Dosage instructions of Clobetasol Propionate 30 gm Cream ?
Clobetasol is available in various formulations, including creams, ointments, lotions, foams, and solutions. Dosage instructions for clobetasol propionate 30 gm cream may vary depending on the specific skin condition being treated and the severity of the condition. It is essential to follow your doctor’s instructions precisely. Below are general guidelines for the use of clobetasol propionate 30 gm cream:
- Clean the affected area: Wash and dry the affected skin before applying the cream. Ensure the area is clean and free from any other creams, lotions, or ointments.
- Apply a thin layer: Take a small amount of the cream and apply a thin layer to the affected area. Gently rub it into the skin until it is evenly distributed.
- Frequency of application: The usual recommended frequency of application is twice daily. However, your doctor may adjust this based on your condition’s severity. Always follow your doctor’s prescribed dosage and usage instructions.
- Duration of treatment: Clobetasol propionate is a potent corticosteroid, so it is typically used for a short duration. The treatment duration can range from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the condition being treated.
- Avoid excessive use: Do not use more than the prescribed amount or use it for an extended period without your doctor’s approval, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes: Take care not to get the cream in your eyes or on the mucous membranes. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not cover the treated area unless advised: Unless specifically directed by your doctor, avoid covering the treated area with bandages or dressings, as it may increase the absorption of the medication and lead to adverse effects.
- Wash hands after application: After applying the cream, wash your hands thoroughly, unless your hands are the treated area.
- Keep follow-up appointments: If your doctor has recommended follow-up visits, make sure to attend them. It allows your doctor to assess your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
On overdosing on Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream, you will experience a few unwanted side effects. Hence, as soon as you observe any adverse side effects, you need to call your doctor to seek immediate medical assistance.
What are The Side Effects of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream?
When you apply Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream to your skin, there is a possibility of you experiencing a mix of mild-to-severe side effects. They are as follows:
- Dryness of skin
- Redness of skin
Usually, these effects are mild and go away in a few days. However, if any of these persist, you need to call your doctor immediately to seek medical assistance.
Besides, if you get any of the few serious side effects below, you need to immediately stop applying Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream and call your physician.
- Skin discoloration or thinning
- Stretch marks
- Acne formation
- Unwanted hair growth
- Weight loss
- Increase in urination and thirst
- Serious vision problems
- Extreme tiredness or fatigue
Since Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream is a very powerful ‘Corticosteroid’ that can cause serious side effects. It would help if you took a few safety measures. They are as follows:
- Inform your doctor if you have allergy issues before you use Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream
- Share with your physician if you have ever had immunity problems, blood circulation issues, skin conditions like rosacea, etc.
- Regular use of this topical ointment Cream on a child can slow down growth. Therefore, you must avoid using it on children.
- If the areas on your skin that need treatment are infected or have a sore, then you must avoid using it.
- When a pregnant woman needs the application of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream is when using it. Discussion about all risks and benefits of this medicine must be done with a doctor.
- Breastfeeding mothers must be careful while using this topical ointment Cream. Since its impact on breast milk is not clear as yet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What if you miss a dose of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream?
If you miss a dose of Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream, you must take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time to take your next dose, you must avoid applying your skipped dosage.
Q. How do you store Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream?
To store Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream well and preserve its efficacy, you need to use the following guidelines:
- Try storing it as far away as possible from pets and children.
- Keep Clobetasol 0.05 % 30 gm Propionate Cream under room temperature in an airtight container away from light and heat.
- Do not discard unused dosage of this medication by flushing it down the toilet drain. Always remove the drug as per instructions given by a pharmacist or waste disposal company.