Prostaglandins are natural physiologically active lipid compounds. Alprostadil, also known as Prostaglandin E1 is the isolated compound found in the lipid compounds. Alpostin 500 mcg injection is made of this isolated strand. Alpostin 500 mcg falls under the vasodilator family.
What is Alpostin 500 mcg ml?
Alpostin 500 mcg injection is used as an intravascular injection to treat congenital heart defects in newborn babies and erectile dysfunction in men. Produced endogenously, Alpostin 500 mcg injection opens the blood vessels ensuring the flow by relaxing the smooth muscle. In case of babies, Alpostin works to improve blood flow in newborn babies born with heart defects. Other vacuum constriction devices, and/or oral, selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 5 inhibitors fail or are contraindicated, Alpostin injections prove to be successful.
This medication is on WHO’s List of Essential Medicines, the list of one of the most safest and effective medicines needed in a health system. Prostaglandin E1 was first isolated in 1957 and was made commercially available in 1981 first in the United States.
Why Use Alpostin 500 mcg ml Injection?
Alpostin 500 mcg injection prescribes for those who are going through the problem of erectile dysfunction. It is sold in the United States as urethral suppositories. Erectile dysfunction or ED typically leads to a psychological imbalance in men. Alpostin 500 mcg injection prescription facilitates and helps attaining an active erection of the penis. Doctors recommend Alpostin Injection as a second line therapy to treat ED. Other vacuum constriction devices, and/or oral, selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 5 inhibitors fail or are contraindicated, Alpostin injections prove to be successful.
Intraurethral therapy (injecting on the penis) is considered for whom other forms of oral medication have failed. Intraurethral therapy is the least invasive form of treatment excluding surgery.
Alpostin 500 mcg injection is used as an intravascular injection to treat patent ductus arteriosus congenital heart defects in newborn babies. It is used by slow injection into a vein to open the ductus arteriosus (a blood vessel in a developing fetus) until surgery can be carried out. The injections primarily works to treat the premature closure of the blood vessel that is evident within newborn babies. The ductal-dependent congenital disease includes the cyanotic and acyanotic lesions.
Alpostin 500 mcg injection provides better breathing and oxygen circulation and reduce the resultant acidemia (decrease in pH of the blood, more concentrated hydrogen atoms in blood), before the application of corrective or palliative surgery.
How to Use Alpostin 500 mcg ml Injection ?
There exist different ways and dosages for ED and Ductus arteriosus heart disease.
- Initiate and dissolve to the required dosage in a clinician’s office patient must remain in this setting until complete detumescence (subsiding state of sexual tension) occurs.
- Customize dosage according to the needed amount and the response to the therapy of achieving satisfactory erection for intercourse.
- Titrate dosage to the lowest possible level to avoid priapism. Erections remaining for more than an hour increase the risk of priapism (painful erection of the penis)
- It is better to start maintenance at home. The dosage requires to titrate in a medical setting. Further dosage on prescription is necessary. Clinicians in a medical setting have prescribes the dosage by factoring in all the reasons and conditions you already have and the severity of your ED. Do not change under any circumstances other than what the doctor may recommend.
Why from Unitedmedicines?
You can buy Alpostin 500 mcg injection from Unitedmedicines.com online at low price in US. Because, we provide Alpostin 500 mcg injection (Prostaglandin E 1 – Alprostadil) with discount for sale, 100% safe, free + fast + cash on delivery (cod), credit card & other secure payment options like bitcoin, FDA approved medicine, googlepay, phonpe, visa, debit card etc. in New York, California, Florida, Texas of USA; UK & Australia @ Unitedmedicines.com.
What Precautions to Follow before Injecting Alpostin 500 mcg Injection?
When starting therapy with Alpostin for a patient complaining of erectile dysfunction, it is necessary to keep in mind certain things. It is important for early identification of adverse effects for better overall outcome Flushing, hypotension/hypertension are some of the side effects of using Alpostin Injection. It is necessary to screen blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature before and after the use of the drug.
Alpostin can also cause penile pathologies such as stricture formation, fibrosis, and hematoma formation at the site of injection. Regular examination by a physician and timely attention can onset the discomfort brought for better possible outcomes. It is important to better understand the response of the drug to the condition. It is better to monitor closely for custom-made doses and injections for better treatment.
What are The Side Effects of Using Alpostin 500 mcg Injection?
The route chosen to administer the Injection might induce certain side effects. The user may not be affected by those particular side effects if the route chosen was different. For intraurethral injection-
- Urethral strictures
- Penile/urethral pain
- Priapism/prolonged erection
- Penile fibrosis
Side effects of Alpostin on intracavernosal use:
- Prolonged erection/priapism is less common
- Rash on the penis
- Swelling of the penis
- Penile infections
- Injuries to the penis including hematoma formation at the site of the injection
Side effects of prostaglandin E1; generic version (Alpostin): on intravenous use:
- Electrolyte imbalances such as hypokalemia
- Gastrointestinal upset
- Infection at the injection site or even sepsis
- Pain at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms
What are The Contraindications for Alpostin 500 mcg injection?
- Avoid medications in usage to treat hypersensitivity and if you are a patient with ED, do not self-administer.
- Priapism precipitation happens because of Sickle cell disease or trait, multiple myeloma, leukemia, polycythemia vera, thrombocythemia disorders. Predisposing long injections are also one of the uses of Alpostin.
- Peyronie disease of the penis, as alpostin injections, causes male genitalia fibrosis. It also worsens the condition.
- Alpostin intraurethral suppository; patients with urethral strictures should avoid “medicated urethral system for erection”. There is a possibility of damage to the penis.
- Experts recommend to not take Alpostin Injections when patients have a history of Urethritis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I self-administer Alpostin 500 mcg injection?
No. You can, but doctors recommend otherwise. It can be dangerous if you are not a professional and fatal side effects can torment you if you cannot inject yourself properly. Alpostin Injection has different dosages and the need for a stable hand when injecting. So, consult with your doctor before injecting.
Q. Can I have a happy sex life?
Erectile dysfunction is a ruthless condition. However, Alpostin Injection is a useful medicine to have a longer erection duration. If your clinician allows sexual activity after administration of Alpostin Injection, then, of course, you can enjoy a happy married and sex life.
Q. Does it pain when injecting with 500 mcg ?
It does not pain when injecting with the Alpostin Injection. If the person administrating you with the injection is a professional, the only side effects you may encounter are one because of the medicine and not the route it has taken to assimilate within the male genitalia.
There are no reviews yet.