What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is also known by terms like early/rapid ejaculation, rapid/premature climax, and ejaculatio praecox. This condition is experienced by boys and adult men. It is a condition where a person experiences orgasm and ejaculates semen soon after sexual arousal or during the beginning of sexual activities.
Men with premature ejaculation issues experience loss of control over ejaculating or reaching orgasm. This condition affects men’s mental health and they feel the desire to last longer in sex. Issues like relationship distress, emotional distress, embarrassment during sex, low self-esteem, and mental illnesses occur due to premature ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation can be lifelong or acquired. Sometimes we confuse quick ejaculation with premature ejaculation. Rapid ejaculation which happens every time can be a problem of premature ejaculation in occasional cases are okay and normal.
What are The Causes of Premature Ejaculation?
The exact root cause of premature ejaculation is still unknown yet, several other possibilities can cause premature ejaculation to occur.
Psychological causes like:
- Early experience with sex
- Sexual trauma
- Sexual abuse
- Poor body image
- Suffering any kind of mental illness like depression and anxiety
- Stressing out too much on sex performances
- Feeling guilty
- Relationship problems
- Fear of ejaculating fast
Biological causes include:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low testosterone levels
- Irregular hormone levels
- Imbalance in levels of brain chemicals
- Genetic factors
- Swelling and infection in prostate or urethra regions
- Enlargement of the prostate gland due to Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Masturbating too much
- Ejaculating yourself quickly during masturbation
What are The Signs and Symptoms of A Person Going Through Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation affects young boys and adult males. Moreover, Premature ejaculation should not be mistaken for other medical conditions like low sperm count or impotence. Furthermore, here are some signs and symptoms of premature ejaculation as follows:
- Unable to control ejaculation flow during sex
- Cannot delay or extend your ejaculation and orgasm point while performing sexual activities every time
- Avoiding sexual intimacy due to frustration and distress
These symptoms can be specifically divided into two categories:
- Lifelong or primary premature ejaculation- Ejaculating quickly always or almost always since your first sexual experience
- Acquired or secondary premature ejaculation- You had normal ejaculation speed before but this condition developed over sometime.
What are The Ways to Treat Premature Ejaculation?
You should seek help from medical experts in these fields. This condition tends to ruin your mental state and sexual well-being and it can lead to insecurities and traumas. This condition will not only affect you but also your partner as well. Make sure you treat this medical condition as soon as possible.
Natural ways to treat premature ejaculation
- Diets that are rich in zinc and magnesium like yoghurt and spinach
- Practising pause-squeeze and stop-start techniques to learn to delay ejaculation and control your flow during sex
- Pelvic floor exercises help to control ejaculatory reflexes and increase the sexual duration
- Masturbate for an hour or two for performing the sexual activity as the sexual release, masturbation can reduce your climax speedwell
- Moreover, avoid sexual intercourse to fix your sexual distress and frustration sometimes and find new ways to enjoy sex with your partner together
- Also, go for sexual counselling and seek professional help from sex experts with your partner or alone
Medicines to treat premature ejaculation
- Creams, gels, and sprays that contain benzocaine, lidocaine, or prilocaine to delay the climax
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like paroxetine, escitalopram, citalopram, sertraline, or fluoxetine
- Pain relievers which include Tramadol
- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors like sildenafil, tadalafil, avanafil, and vardenafil
- Drugs like Modafinil, Silodosin, and OnabotulinumtoxinA also treat premature ejaculation indirectly