What is Musculoskeletal Pain?
Musculoskeletal pain is basically bone and joint pain. It affects various parts of bones, joints, tendons, muscles, and ligaments. It can be any injury or effect of some other medical condition or side effect of the drug. It may cause sudden and severe pain among patients. In some cases, patients complain that their whole body is aching but in the technical term, they are going through musculoskeletal pain due to some specific reasons. Musculoskeletal pain can range from acute to severe types of conditions.
What are The Causes of Musculoskeletal Pain?
Musculoskeletal pain occurs due to varieties of reasons mainly because of injuries and sudden body jerks. Here are some common reasons which cause musculoskeletal pain as follows:
- Bone fractures
- Vehicle accident/falls
- Joint dislocation
- Sudden jerk in body
- Numbness or tingling sensation in particular regions of the body
- The affected region feels heavy
- Sitting in the same posture every time
- Heavy weight lifting
- Unable to maintain good posture
- Direct muscle blow
- Getting hit again on a previous injury
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic medical condition that causes musculoskeletal pain all over the body
This condition can be caused due to various other factors of an individual like:
- Lifestyle pattern
- Age of person
- Level of physical activities they do daily
What are The Symptoms of Musculoskeletal Pain?
All conditions of musculoskeletal pain issues may differ from one another yet there are some common signs to detect whether you are going through musculoskeletal pain or not as follows:
- Painful Stiffness in certain parts of the body
- Certain parts of the body ache
- You feel tired
- Muscles feel like burning
- Your muscles start twitching
- Unable to move because the pain worsens with slight movement
- Disruption in sleep patterns
- Severe to acute pain in that affected area
- Inflammation in the area which got affected
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
There are several musculoskeletal conditions that come under the umbrella term of Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) which are as follows:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
- cumulative trauma disorders (CTDs)
- associated fragility fractures
- traumatic fractures
- bone fracture
- work-related upper limb disorders (WRULDs)
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- repetitive motion injuries
- juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis
- repetitive strain injuries (RSIs)
How to Treat Musculoskeletal Pain?
Before getting treatment, you might go through long procedures of medical tests to diagnose specific types of musculoskeletal pain. It requires many things to take into consideration before treating musculoskeletal pain.
Some common treatment methods which your doctor might suggest to treat musculoskeletal pain are as follows:
- Pain relief medications of analgesic class
- Occupational therapy
- Chiropractic adjustment
- Androgen anabolic steroid tablets or injections
- Massage therapy
Musculoskeletal pain is basically bone and joint pain. It affects various parts of bones, joints, tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Musculoskeletal pain occurs due to varieties of reasons mainly because of injuries and sudden body jerks. Before getting treatment, you might go through long procedures of medical tests to diagnose specific types of musculoskeletal pain. It requires many things to take into consideration before treating musculoskeletal pain.