What is Muscle Pain?
Muscle pain is a common word to explain the medical term known as Myalgia. Moreover, muscle pain comes from a variety of causes. Also, it is a symptom of many other medical conditions. Additionally, most of the causes of muscle pain revolve around infection or wear and tear of muscles. Moreover, muscle pain can range from acute to severe type of pain.
Furthermore, a patient may feel discomfort in that particular muscle. Also, muscles can affect more than one muscle and in some cases, a person’s overall muscles of the body can experience pain. Additionally, muscles involve ligaments, tendons, fascia, and soft tissues that connect muscles organs, and bones. Muscle pain can affect those regions and cause you pain.
What are The Signs of Muscle Pain?
Moreover, a major sign of muscle pain is the inability to move that particular muscle region and experiencing severe/acute pain. However, here is a list of symptoms of muscle pain so that you can check if you are experiencing muscle pain or not:
- Stiff muscles
- Muscle weakness
- Breathing issue
- Sign of infection
- Unable to move
- Hurts if you move that region
- When you touch it hurts
- Sharp, random or deep pain
What are The Causes of Muscle Pain?
Furthermore, there is various cause of muscle pain and it can be the physical or mental cause. Additionally, most of the causes of muscle pain revolve around infection or wear and tear of muscles. Moreover, here are the following possible causes of muscle pain as follows:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Influenza (flu) and other viral illness (influenza-like illnesses)
- Lyme disease
- Also, certain medication’s side effects
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyositis (inflammatory disease that causes muscle weakness)
- Muscle cramp
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease)
- Overuse of muscles
- Minor injuries
How to Treat Muscle Pain?
Moreover, muscle pain that occurs due to overuse of muscles and physical activity can resolve pretty easily by taking proper rest, sleep and diet. Additionally, consult your doctor if the pain is unbearable because it may occur due to other underlying issues that should be put into medical attention immediately. Moreover, depending upon the cause of muscle pain here are some home remedies you can try or medications that your doctor may prescribe you as follows:
- Rest well
- Sleep enough
- Soak that region in a warm bath
- Also, take a warm shower
- Moreover, take over-the-counter pain killers like aspirin, ibuprofen
- You can also go for other pain killers like naproxen and acetaminophen
- Also, massage the area that hurts
- Practice meditation
- Do stretching exercises
- Go for acupuncture
- Treat those underlying medical conditions
- Drink milk, Watermelon, and Tart Cherry juice
- Moreover, consume more omega-fatty acid-rich dishes
- Alternate between using heat and ice packs to reduce swelling and also enhance blood flow
- Have enough amount of protein
- Also, make sure you consume enough vitamins and minerals nutrition in your diet